Amit Singh, VP of Enterprise, Google
Mobile, Social, Cloud
More mobile devices sold this year than desktops
Translation, speech recognition – need computing power of the cloud
Non-linear innovation is being created due to new technologies.
Eg – aakash tablet
Google Apps – gmail, apps, docs, search
Google has it's own 9-9-9 plan – 99.9% SLA (less than 43 minutes), 90% positive CSAT, 90% renewals.
4M businesses, 40M users, 5000 new users per day. 62 of the top 100 US schools. 1B downloads of Google Earth.
97% of the top silicon valley start-ups
Newest Google Apps customers – Burberry, Casio, Goodyear, SoftBank, Perry Ellis.
Cinram - $1M cost reduction
IHG – 30% reduction in costs
Diversey – saved $350k
- 1977 – got TCP/IP to talk to three packet switching networks.
- The cloud won't do you any good if you cannot connect to it. Cannot forget how critical the infrastructure is.
- Adapt or die – Darwin
- Mobile – is an information window. It becomes an information window which is immediately available. Immediacy of mobile is the major change.
- IP V6 is now absolutely essential. Ask your teams if they are rolling out IPV6.
- Think about security. Digital signatures and/or encryption. The net can be a hostile environment. Serious work to do related to security.
- Sensors sampling. Real data is what counts. The purpose of measurement is insight.
- App evolution – openness of the internet allows anyone to innovate. Vital to internet growth. Connecting 'things' will drive more disruption.
- Borderless. Ubiquity of internet. Countries want to get more control of the internet. Even our own government is going a tad bit overboard.
- I am a huge believer in skunkworks. If you are a leaders in a company, protect these skunkworks efforts.